Polls show Republicans poised to make major gains in the House and Senate elections, perhaps capturing one or both chambers. Republicans claim that their polls show more and more vulnerable House Democrats while Democrats assert that their base is coming home and a number of Senate and House elections are looking better.
Will the Republicans sweep the Senate and House of Representatives as predicted by some political pundits? Will public disenchantment with incumbents in general instead cause upsets for both parties?
Here’s your chance to make your best guess – and win some money and notoriety while you do it.
This year, we want you to predict who will win the House and Senate as well as a number of the hottest, most-contested, most-watched congressional and gubernatorial races across the country.
Rules are below:
• 2 winners — 1st place wins $100, 2nd place wins $50, and both receive glorification on the Council for a Livable World website
• Five points each for guessing who wins the Senate and the House
• One point for every correct answer in the Senate, House and Governors’ races
• Two tie-breakers
• One entry per person
• Races not decided by November 16 will be discarded from consideration of the contest, including races that affect the tie-breaker questions (in 2008, we would have waited until June 2009 to know the Minnesota Senate result)
• You must be a United States citizen to enter (say our lawyers)
• Staff and board of Council for a Livable World and its associated organizations may enter but are not eligible to win a prize. They can still be glorified.
• Deadline for entering the contest: Tuesday, November 2, 1:00AM Eastern Time
Send this contest to your friends, colleagues and fellow political pundits (even though we know you probably don’t want the added competition). This year’s races are too interesting and too contested to sit on the sidelines.