On Monday the Tea Party Express, joined by Sarah Palin, began a nationwide tour to press their radical agenda. First stop: Nevada, where they have targeted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
That radical movement has dominated the Republican primaries.
Tea Party candidates are determined to turn the country back to the “good old days” – days before Social Security was created to protect our senior citizens, unemployment insurance helped those out of work, corporations could pollute the environment with impunity and maintain lax safety standards, and bank failures caused millions of Americans to lose their savings.
Tea Party candidates such as Sharron Angle in Nevada, Rand Paul in Kentucky, Ken Buck in Colorado and Christine O’Donnell in Delaware object to the reforms implemented over the last 70 years that protect ordinary Americans. They argue these improvements are unconstitutional.
Senator Harry Reid in Nevada, Jack Conway in Kentucky, Senator Michael Bennet in Colorado and Chris Coons in Delaware, all Democrats, are working hard to keep the Tea Party extremists out of the U.S. Senate, but they need your help in the last two weeks of the campaign.
Please contribute to keep the Tea Party Foursome out of the U.S. Senate.
The Tea Party Four – Angle, Paul, Buck and O’Donnell – represent a broader movement taking over the Republican Party and hold positions such as:
– Accusing the United Nations of a conspiracy to take over the United States;
– Joining South Carolina Republican Senator Jim DeMint in advocating building an unworkable and hugely expensive national missile defense system that could set off a new arms race with Russia;
– Supporting privatizing or outright eliminating Social Security and Medicare and shredding the safety net that protects the elderly;
– Refusing to hold BP responsible for its huge oil spill disaster in the Gulf Coast or coal mine owners for deaths in the mines;
– Calling unemployment insurance unconstitutional and advocating the abolition of the Department of Education.
Help Reid, Conway, Bennet and Coons keep the Tea Party at bay.
Reid, Conway, Bennet and Coons all support the New START nuclear reductions agreement and ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.
On the other hand, Angle has floated the possibility of armed rebellion against the government and the other Tea Party candidates have equally outlandish positions.
Please make a contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250, or even more.
These candidates need the help; the United States needs the protection.